
Thankfully, we have arrived safely! After some very long flights and heavy lifting of supplies....see picture below....we made it! We are thankful for many of you who helped supply us with the things that will bless these Ugandan children richly.

We were able to witness a beautiful sunrise this morning as we flew over the Red Sea. Isn't it breathtaking?

*If any of my students are reading, can you remember what we learned about the Red Sea in Bible History this year? Leave a comment if you do!*
Upon our arrival in Entebbe, Uganda we went through customs, got our visas and Christen got the first stamp in her passport!
Then, all thirty two of us loaded into one tiny van. (True story: The van driver's name is "Abus". Yes, "A bus" is driving our van. Hey...when you've been awake for 2 days straight, it is hilarious!)
As we drove 1.5 hours to our first stop in Kampala, we were able to see many things in the African countryside: chickens being killed, women carrying huge objects effortlessly on their heads, and many cell phone stores. It felt oh-so-reminiscent of my time in Tanzania. In fact, when we landed in Ethiopia, for our layover, I started to tear up. I am so thankful to be back!
Stay tuned!
Lauren
Yay!! So gla y'all made it safely!! Love the pics and great reminders. Also loving the driver's name and the fact that it's so easy to remember!! Grace is giving the thumbs up sign and says to play "Where the streets have no name" by U2 during your next van ride. So fun that I'm the first to post...helps to have a hungry 9 week old--ha! Praying for y'all this a.m.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jenny (and Grace)
Hey, this is Janie Pillow, Laura's mom. Thank you so much for your blog. It is so wonderful to share this trip via your pictures and words. Much prayers are behind yall. I am so thankful for each of you and the part you are playing in this mission trip. You are the hands of Christ. I hope many are blessed by you and you in turn receive many blessings. Each of you must be precious to give your time and hearts for such work.
ReplyDeleteKept,
Janie Pillow
Glad you made it safely!!! I'm praying for your time...I know God is using you in great ways! I look forward to hearing all about it when you get!
ReplyDeleteElijah remembered that the Red Sea is not really red. That's gotta be worth some points, right?
ReplyDelete