Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday

Psalm 34 2-6 " My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles."

Many of us are sick and stayed behind today as the team walked to Amazima ministry. There is a 22 year old girl, named Katie Davis, who moved to Uganda four years ago after she finished high school. She wanted to come here and take care of orphans, and she has done amazing things! She has legally adopted 13 children since her move and is raising them to love the Lord. Her blog is: www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com. It is inspiring and challenging to read! I was disappointed to miss the chance to spend the day with her, but I really needed the rest. I took some medicine and am feeling better, but we all would covet your prayers for good health. Each day, the children are very sick and we are most certainly catching things from them. It is well worth it, but difficult to be sick so far from home, with little privacy and no power or water :)

We have not had water or power for many hours now, and we are losing steam. Please pray for endurance as we spend our final two days at Canaan's. These children are desperate to be held and loved. We are all, honestly, really desiring our space and time to rest. Even now, as i type, i have three children hanging over my shoulder trying to read what i am writing. Please pray that we would be focused on spending our time well.....

Just a few funny facts...last night while we slept we heard the following things that woke us all up:

Bats screeching, a cow giving birth, a dog fight and a torrential downpour....you know, the usual.

Here are some pictures from our week....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be sick without power, water, or much privacy. You are all living saints! I'll be praying that you feel better & may continue helping these precious abandoned children. Lauren, glad to hear you still have your sense of humor! I was seriously laughing out loud after you listed all the crazy things that woke you up, especially the cow giving birth! Take care, ladies!
    I'll keep praying!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete