This morning, many of us woke up not feeling well. Almost every child we met yesterday had either Scabes,ringworm or fever. I realized that i have not been thankful for my health, i have just assumed that i have been healthy because i have taken many precautions to stay well. This morning, as I was struggling to feel well, it hit me. The only reason I am able to feel well is if the Lord gives me that grace. I am thankful for the opportunity to recognize His hand of protection on me thus far. Please do pray for our health that we might continue to use all of our energy to love these children well. My prayer continues to be that the Lord will pour us out so that we can leave exhausted...knowing that we have given everything we have to these people.
We had a great breakfast consisting of: hard boiled eggs, pineapple, toast and popcorn. It felt great to get some extra sleep this morning and enjoy a breakfast of things we all felt comfortable eating.
We went to school today and got to visit with the students. I was on a mission to find some children who are sponsored by friends at home. Dana, my dear friend, sponsors a little girl named Joviah. She was thrilled to hear that I knew Dana and that I had a letter to give her. In her classroom, she told her teacher that she wants to be a pastor, a pilot and a doctor when she grows up! Dana, keep up the sponsorship.....she is a motivated student! Here is a picture of us below.

The students at school have shared with us the Bible verses they have memorized and it is precious to see how they truly hide God's word in their hearts to bring them hope. These children wake at 5:00 and begin their day with prayer. Then, they get ready for school. Afterwards, they study what they learned from the day before in order to be preparefor their day of learning. They leave for school at 6:45 a.m. and do not return until 5:00 p.m. They go to school Monday through Saturday and seem to really be learning a lot. I am really impressed with this facility and the emphasis it has on education and the hope that these children have.
This afternoon, we got to go to Amani baby cottage. Oh. My. Goodness. This was the highlight of my trip so far! There were babies and toddlers all over the place. They were there either because they were orphaned or abandoned. We were able to hold and play with these babies for a bit this afternoon and it was such fun. I got to hold a sweet little one named Swain. I think I enjoyed our time together more than she did! I could have easily taken her home with me. It was a blessing to hear that most of these babies will be adopted! In fact, Swain has already been chosen for a family in the U.S.
Breakfast:
Students outside of their school:

Laura with her little love...Dorothy

Some more of the babies:

Joviah with the picture Dana sent for her...

Sorry about the delay in our postings....no Internet service in our new living space.
No comments:
Post a Comment