I had to renew my passport last month and let's just say....things have changed.
My previous passport photo was a delightfully happy picture- taken in college as I prepared for a European backpacking trip- all smiles! While it was due an update, it was a bit grievous for me to hand it in. Even more so when I realized that you can't SMILE in your passport pictures any more. That's right...they want mug shots.
I did my best to do a closed-mouth-sort-of-smile which ended up making me look flat out sarcastic. Here's hoping the Feds let me into many foreign countries over the next 10 years in spite of my facial expressions that seem to mock them :) And, given the fact that my name is on the National Security Threat List, this is probably not going to help matters, either.
Just for you:
You sneaked in a little bit of a smile. Working the system. Love.
ReplyDelete